miércoles, 3 de diciembre de 2014

Expresiones útiles para una presentación en inglés

Opening lines

Do not forget to include:
-greetings
-name and position
-topic
-compliments

Say how long you´ll take

This presentation will only take 30 minutes of your time.

I´ll try and be brief, it will take one hour, but there´ll be a 5-minute break in the middle.

Tell the audience when you´ll take questions

This topic may bring up a number of questions or comments, and I´ll be happy to address as many as I can at the end of the presentation.
Please save any questions for the end of the talk.

If you have any questions, feel free to interrupt.
Please feel free to ask questions as we go along.

Give an outline

Ok let´s get started. There are three main parts to my presentation/My presentation will be in three parts: To begin with/Firstly I shall introduce...
Following that/secondly, I shall analyse/examine…
And finally, I will look at/concentrate on/give you some facts and figures about…

Use transition expressions

Now let´s move onto the next part of this presentation, where I´ll be talking about…
This leads me to my next point, where I´m going to analyse…
Now I´d like to look at…
Let´s now turn to the question of…

Bring attention to your visuals

I´d like you to look at this now…
This graph here clearly shows…
As you can see from this chart,…

Conclusion

And that brings me to the end of my presentation. I think we´ve pretty much covered it.
Let me give you a brief summary of what I´ve been talking about over the last half hour.

Let´s recap the main points now.
In brief,…
To summarize…
I´d like to wrap it up by saying…

Q&A section

Thanks for listening. Are there any questions?

Thanks for the question.
Great question.

Does that answer your question?

Handling questions you can´t answer

Thanks for the question. To be honest, I don´t think I have an answer for you but…
…let me get back to you with an answer by tomorrow. Is that alright?
…why don´t you leave me your contact info and I´ll have an answer for you as son as I can.

That´s  a good question, Unfortunately, I don´t have any figures on that, so I can´t give you an accurate answer now.

That sounds interesting, tell me more/go on.
Would you care to elaborate?

Ending the presentation

Any other questions? Well, I think that´s about it. I want to thank you again for allowing me to speak to you today. If you happen to have further questions, please feel free to text me/contact me by email.

No hay comentarios: